Importing your blog posts gives you a few
options. First, you need to make sure the data you want to import is in
one of the accepted formats. Here is some information about supported
BlogML is an open standard for
blog content supported by Community Server, DasBlog, Subtext,
SingleUserBlog, Windows Live Space, WordPress, Blogger and others.
WordPress XML (WXR) is an extended RSS format for the WordPress system.
is a common standard supported by most every blogging system. However,
RSS feeds generally only contain a group of the most recent posts
contained on a blog, so it may be impossible to import all of your
blog's posts using its RSS feed. Also, RSS feeds do not always contain
the comments associated with a post. Therefore, RSS should be a last
resort for importing blog content.
- Export your blog posts from your current site or another site that has posts you would like to import.
- Login to your website.
- Navigate to the blog element where you would like to import the posts.
- Click on Settings from the Blog element toolbar dropdown.
- Click on the ADVANCED tab.
- Scroll to the bottom to the heading Blog Import.
- Beneath the Import From a File, click on the browse button to find your file to import.
Note: If you do not have a file to import you can choose the Import From a URL option by typing in the URL of the blog posts.
- It is recommended that you click in the check box for Generate 301 redirects for imported posts? to help the search engines.
- Click the Import Blog Posts button.
Tue, January 26, 2010
by Crystal Kelly filed under